On Tuesday, May 17th, 2016, the California Valley Miwok Tribe held its monthly “USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations” (FDPIR).
Eligible participants of the USDA FDPIR program commonly receive items such as:
- Packaged frozen meats such as chicken, ground beef or bison, beef roasts and ham
- Canned meats, vegetables, fruits and soups
- Dry packaged beans, rice and noodles
- Dried fruits, nuts and crackers
- Fresh and powdered dairy products such as cheese, milk and eggs
- Assortment of fruit juices
Additionally, cookbooks containing recipes which can be prepared from the USDA FDPIR distributed foods are also available upon request, as supplies allow.
To learn more about the monthly USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) you may can contact the California Valley Miwok Tribe at (209) 931-4567, or via email at email@example.com. A USDA Food Distribution application (in pdf format) can be emailed to you upon request.
The California Valley Miwok Tribe would like to thank the Tule River Reservation, Mr. Richard McDarment – USDA FDPIR Director, Mrs. Patricia Salas – USDA FDPIR Intake Manager and USDA FDPIR staff members Mr. Ronald Buckman and Jesus Salas for their hard work, partnership and dedication in continuing to help CVMT provide this important service to our local Native American community.