The California Valley Miwok Tribe received a flyer from the California State University, San Bernardino – College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, informing the Tribe that the 29th Annual California Indian Conference is scheduled to be held on October 9-11, 2014.
What: 29th Annual California Indian Conference, hosted by the California State University (CSU), San Bernardino, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences and the Center for Indigenous Peoples Studies.
When: October 9-11, 2014
2nd Call for Workshops and Papers:
To California Indian leaders, researchers, faculty, and students of California Indian affairs, we invite submissions for workshops, papers or sessions for presentation at the California Indian Conference 29th annual meeting 2014 held at California State University, San Bernardino, October 9-11.
This year’s theme is “Silenced Voices: California Natives’ Survivance and Revitalization”.
Suggested content areas include:
- Cultural Sovereignty & Identity
- Land Conservancy – Indigenous Paradigms
- Revitalization – Bird-Singing
- Non-Recognized Native Peoples in California (Southern California region)
- Decolonization and Revitalization
- Silenced Voices – Descendants Tell Our Own Stories and Histories
- Museum Representation and Repatriation
- Genocide, Resistance and Survival
- Cultural Resources Management
- Education & Media
July 30, 2014: Proposals / abstracts and sessions due – 2nd round
August 30, 2014: All submissions due – final round
September 20, 2014: Finalized presentations set, program listings in final set